The rode psa1 is a professional studio boom arm that allows easy and precise placement of a microphone. It features an innovative parallelogram design that keeps the mic direction constant as the height is adjusted, as well as internal springs for quiet operation. With this boom arm’s counterweight included, it can support up to 88 pounds (40 kilograms).
The rode psa1 also has rubber isolation pads to reduce noise transmitted through the stand or desktop by isolating your microphone from the surface it rests on. The included external cable management clip keeps your cable safely away from any moving parts in the stand mechanism, making sure nothing interrupts you during recording.
Detachable desk clamp attaches to surfaces 3/4″ to 2″ thick
Internal springs keep microphone direction constant as mic arm is raised or lowered
The counterweight can support microphones up to 88 lbs (40 kg)
Rubber isolation pads reduce noise transmitted by stand or desk surface
External cable management clip keeps the cable away from moving parts in the mechanism, making sure nothing interrupts you during recording.
A detachable desk clamp is compatible with surfaces measuring 3/4″ to 2″ thick.
The rode psa1 comes with a 5-year warranty covering any defects in materials and workmanship. This boom arm is professional-grade; it requires some assembly that is not included upon purchase of the product. While this boom arm does require some assembly, the minimal number of components makes it easy for even first-time users to set up quickly without frustration.
RODE Professional PSA1 Studio Boom Arm at a Glance:
- – maintains mic direction as arm is raised or lowered due to unique parallelogram design
- – internal springs for quiet operation
- – includes counterweight that can support up to 88 pounds (40 kilograms) of weight
- – rubber isolation pads reduce noise transmitted from stand or desktop surface by isolating your microphone from its resting surface
- – external cable management clip keeps your cable safely away from moving parts in the arm’s mechanism, making sure nothing interrupts you during recording.
RODE Professional PSA1 Studio Boom Arm Specifications:
- – Weight (with counterweight): 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)
- – Height Range: 17″ – 48″ (43 cm – 122 cm)
- Professional studio arm
- Ideal for radio, broadcast, studio, and home use
- Internal springs for quiet operation
- Includes both threaded desk insert and desk mount clamp
- Supported microphone and shockmount/clip weight between 700g to 1.1kg
– Minimum Desk Size: 3/4″ to 2″ thick (2 cm to 5 cm thick) The rode psa1 is compatible with microphones measuring 0.8″-1.4″ in diameter, not including the rim of the mic’s body or protective grille on battery-powered mics like rode VideoMicro. This boom arm comes with a five-year warranty covering any defects in materials and workmanship, so you can be confident that rode psa1 will last for a long time.
Rode microphones are made to serve music and audio professionals through reliable performance in demanding situations. Every rode product, from cable television broadcast antennas to professional studio drum kits, benefits from over fifty years of dedication by their team of audio experts.
Suggested: Shure sm7b vs Rode NT1 Compairson