Twitter cards make it possible for you to attach additional information to Tweets that link to your website. You would discover that you can watch a YouTube video right from Twitter and there was a time when you could view an Instagram picture without having to leave Twitter.
Twitter Cards make your tweets more detailed and it helps increase your click-through rate. When you have Twitter Cards, users know what your post is about from the summary card.
All this could be made possible by simply adding a few lines of HTML to your website, and you can make your tweets look better with Twitter Cards.
Eight Types of Twitter Cards
There are 8 different types of Twitter Cards that can be attached to Tweets, each of which brings a different beautiful experience to your tweets on Twitter’s web and mobile clients
App Installs and Deep-Linking
How To Create Twitter Cards For Your Blog Posts
- Read the documentation for the type of card you want to implement.
- If you do not have it already, download and install WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin.
- Go to the “Social” page of WordPress SEO by Yoast settings page.
- Under “Twitter” Check the box for Add Twitter card meta data.
- Insert your site’s twitter username.
- Head Over to Twitter Card Validator
- Log In With you Twitter Login Details
- Select a card; Summary or Summary with Large Image
- Use the details of any of your posts to fill the form; Site Username, Title and Description (All you Need To fill, you can leave the rest blank)
- Select Validate & Apply and enter the URL of the post you used.
- Click Go
- Click Request Approval
- Done, Wait for your E-Mail from Twitter (Please note that approval for the Player Card and the Product Card may take additional time to approve.)
- Tweet a post from your blog and see your Twitter Card in action